I've been working on my One Monthly Goal for April. I had rows of blocks pieced together when I set the goal. I figured out how big the quilt would be with the blocks i had at the point I purchased the UFO from the estate sale. I figured out how many blocks I would need to achieve my desired size then determined if i had enough fabric to make them.
Great news. I had enough. I cut the strips and then subcut them at a retreat a week ago. Over the past week I started making the blocks I needed completing them all today.
Because I made them in batches, I had enough blocks to make the remaining rows for two of the quadrants first. Saturday afternoon I completed the first.
Sunday morning I began working on the second quadrant. I was trying to hurry to finish it before company arrived.
Oops! I still had time to rip out the bad row and reattach it.
Better. After our Easter dinner with friends and family I decided to continue sewing. I finished the rest of the blocks then I sewed together the rows I had already made for the third quadrant. Three more rows to make and attach.
It looks like I'm on target to complete my goal this month.
I had a very small bleed in my surgical eye. I bent a little too far unintentionally and felt a little pop. Luckily it cleared up and did nit effect my vision. I have the right eye done Tuesday. This is the more troublesome of the two. I plan to be even more careful with this one during recovery.
Linking up with Patchworktimes for Design Wall Monday.