Judy L's UFO Challenge

Tuesday, February 20, 2007

I got my 15 in tonight. I have been so tired this week. I think it is all the mental work at the office writing peoples appraisals. I have 2 more to go. Will be glad to have those behind me.

When I finally got done milling around I sat and pinned block pieces together. I am at the point that I either have to cut or sew. I decided pinning was safest tonight since I was so tired. If I am tired again tomorrow then I will sew. I am working on my Irish Chain and have only made crib size before. This one is queen size and requires 99 blocks. I have half of the blocks done. Just need to keep plugging away. Should be able to get the top together this weekend then will top my 12 Days quilt. Once that is done I will have one project in the piecing stage and 8 in the quilting stage. Doesn't look like I will get all those finishes I had hoped for but I am going to get as far as I can on those I had hoped to finish.

Next month is the Dallas quilt show. I need to buy 4 backings and some vintage fabric to restore my 7 Sisters top. I plan to use my "Buy" week at the show so need to get some ideas of amounts for various quilts. Will make the call when I am there! But know at least I can buy my legal B's!

Puppy is doing great! He hangs all over my daughter and loves dh and I. He doesn't spend too much time with ds and ds' nose is a little bent about this. I told ds the pup is still getting adjusted and to just keep playing with him!

4 comments:

flippytale Quilter (Christine) said...

"Milling around"! Yeah, I do a lot of that in the evenings after a long day too! The puppy is adorable!

Pam said...

The puppy is so cute.

I bet the Dallas quilt show would be a wonderful place to shop.

Carole said...

I would love to be able to attend the Dallas quilt show. Is that the big one? One day I'll have it all planned in advance. Keep well! Cute puppy!

Sharon said...

Congratulations on the puppy. . .very cute.

As far as your finishes go. . at least you are "pushing the ball forward" and not adding to more chaos (that is what one of my dear friends tells me all the time. . so I'm passing the advice on!).

Have a wonderful weekend.

Sharon