Judy L's UFO Challenge

Friday, October 10, 2008

Does TV Interfere with your Productivity? The new season has started for my shows and I will say that I have spent a good bit of time in front of the t.v. I am trying to decide if that is what kept me from sewing this week. I didn't really have handwork ready to work on while sitting there. I also have to admit that I was very tired all week. There is a lot of uncertainty at my work these days and peoples job futures which nets stress and wipes me out. I probably need to prep some handwork to see if I can even stay awake to work on it.

How do you balance your t.v. watching and sewing time after work?

6 comments:

The Calico Cat said...

I have to watch something that does not need my attention... (Hard at times...)

& I "make" myself do the sewing - or stop watching TV which ever one it is...

I hate that right after work (while my husband is still at work or commuting home) I lie down with the cats and veg. in front of drivel. I don't get to sewing until after dinner... (Which means that I lost several hours a day!) usually right before bed, while my husband is doing husbandly things like washing the dishes....

Darling Jill Quilts said...

I have my cable/DVR box hooked up to the TV in my bedroom where I sew. I will 'watch' TV while I work on whatever is going on at the moment. Some things, I'll admit, do tend to draw me in more and I don't get as much done. But for most of my regular TV watching, I can sew and cut or whatever at the same time.

It does help though that I am single and no kids and my only other distraction are my pups. :)

Paula, the quilter said...

I don't watch teevee, but my hubby does. I usually wander off to do something else.

Babs said...

I watch TV while I'm sewing. Occasionally I will have to stop and pay attention to something on the screen, but usually not for very long.

I'm jealous you're going to Houston.

Mary Johnson said...

I do bindings or some easy knitting when I watch TV. I'm lucky that I don't have to work so I can do my piecing or quilting earlier in the day or later after Keith goes to bed.

Quilter Kathy said...

I think that TV watching increases my productivity because I have to sit still in a chair, but because I need to keep my hands busy, I bead or hand quilt (not as much these days, but will more over the winter) or hand embroider something.