Does TV Interfere with your Productivity? The new season has started for my shows and I will say that I have spent a good bit of time in front of the t.v. I am trying to decide if that is what kept me from sewing this week. I didn't really have handwork ready to work on while sitting there. I also have to admit that I was very tired all week. There is a lot of uncertainty at my work these days and peoples job futures which nets stress and wipes me out. I probably need to prep some handwork to see if I can even stay awake to work on it.
How do you balance your t.v. watching and sewing time after work?
Last Day of New Happy Quilting Pattern Sale!!
10 hours ago

6 comments:
I have to watch something that does not need my attention... (Hard at times...)
& I "make" myself do the sewing - or stop watching TV which ever one it is...
I hate that right after work (while my husband is still at work or commuting home) I lie down with the cats and veg. in front of drivel. I don't get to sewing until after dinner... (Which means that I lost several hours a day!) usually right before bed, while my husband is doing husbandly things like washing the dishes....
I have my cable/DVR box hooked up to the TV in my bedroom where I sew. I will 'watch' TV while I work on whatever is going on at the moment. Some things, I'll admit, do tend to draw me in more and I don't get as much done. But for most of my regular TV watching, I can sew and cut or whatever at the same time.
It does help though that I am single and no kids and my only other distraction are my pups. :)
I don't watch teevee, but my hubby does. I usually wander off to do something else.
I watch TV while I'm sewing. Occasionally I will have to stop and pay attention to something on the screen, but usually not for very long.
I'm jealous you're going to Houston.
I do bindings or some easy knitting when I watch TV. I'm lucky that I don't have to work so I can do my piecing or quilting earlier in the day or later after Keith goes to bed.
I think that TV watching increases my productivity because I have to sit still in a chair, but because I need to keep my hands busy, I bead or hand quilt (not as much these days, but will more over the winter) or hand embroider something.
Post a Comment