Judy L's UFO Challenge

Sunday, July 22, 2018

20 Minute Challenge - Double Wedding Ring

I took my DWR to the church Friday night with the intent to cut the centers then cut and sew on another project I need to finish sooner than later. That is not what happened!

I cut the centers I needed. I pinned the melon that goes on top and decided to just sew those on. Then I pinned the side melon and decided to go ahead and sew those on. But no more!

Next thing I knew I had the fourth column complete and the fifth and final well under construction. I even pinned the side melons on the first and last row.

Today I sewed the fifth column and the side melons and just have to sew the columns together. So much for a twenty minute challenge!


This will be a topper on my bed. I’m loving it and the assembly has not been hard.

Have you done curved piecing?

Swooze

2 comments:

patty a. said...

You are making fantastic progress on this DWR quilt top! I am still waiting for the book to arrive from the library so I can work on redoing the one I have. I have done a fair amount of curved piecing. I made a wall xmas quilt for my Mom using drunkard's path blocks and I improv pieced a drunkard path flannel quilt just to name two. Curve piecing doesn't scare me, but precise curve piecing - well, that is a different animal!

cityquilter grace said...

yes indeed....got my arcs all done and have started cutting melons...it's gorgeous and thanks for inspiration!