Judy L's UFO Challenge

Tuesday, July 31, 2018

Busy Weekend

I attended an in store retreat this past weekend. 12 hours on Saturday and 8 on Sunday.

I brought 4 projects with me and touched all of them. Two were brought to a completed top stage and the other two had a small amount of work done.

I brought my Double Wedding Ring project which consisted of 5 columns of blocks. I sewed the top together and it just needs a good pressing. I do need to inspect the seams of the four patches to make sure the background seam was completely sewn into the seam and not showing.


The other project was a panel that I wanted to build out to a good size for a very tall friend of my son. They’ve been friends since the third grade. He is deploying next month and I had bought this panel for myself. When he saw it it was apparent I needed to go buy another one.

I had a 36x42 panel and then two coordinates also a yard each. When I arrived at retreat I had a rough idea of what I wanted the quilt to look like. After consulting with my table mates I bought another 2.5 yards of a green grunge and a black bella solid.

Here is what I ended up with measuring at 65x83.


I posted this pic on facebook and Dylan, the recipient, loves it. Just have to find a backing and get it quilted. He knows it may not be ready when he leaves but will be sent soon after.

The other two projects are a paper pieced block due in 3 weeks for my Saturday Sampler BOM and a quilt top I am replacing the taffeta pieces with cotton. You’ll see more on those soon.

Are you a Star Wars fan? Do you like Yoda?

Happy quilting!

Swooze

3 comments:

Chantal said...

Wow! Great progress on DWR. Love Yoda's quilt too. Hubby has seen all the Star Wars films, I didn't. ;^)

patty a. said...

You have been making a lot of progress on projects! I am not a big fan although I have seen at least parts of a movie or two.

ShinyNewThing said...

Wow, the DWR looks great! You should be in the quilt restoration business judging by all your latest posts :)