Judy L's UFO Challenge

Monday, July 09, 2018

Stashbuster 20 Minute Challenge

My yahoogroup Stashbuster has a challenge that started on July 1. The challenge is to spend 20 minutes each day or 140 minutes a week on a particular project to move it forward. The projects are things that are more challenging than others or that you’re just plain avoiding working on.

I was not planning to participate but when I reviewed my UFO list I kept seeing my Double Wedding Ring listed. I had worked diligently on it to the point of getting all the melons made and cutting out centers then stopped. Friday night I took it to my church sew in and attached the first melon to a center. It was easy. I did not have my instructions with me so stopped there.

I spent the first day, which was more than 20 minutes, sorting out the project to see where I had left off. I have all the melons needed but lack 8 centers. I reviewed the instructions on assembling and did a little pinning.

The second and third session had me sewing more melons to centers and I have my first column mostly together. I’m pretty sure I am spending more than 20 minutes per session but there will be days I don’t spend any time on it.



I am planning a 5x6 setting which will serve as a queen size topper for my bed. With one column done in just 3 days I may have to choose a second challenging project.

What challenges are you working on?

Swooze

1 comment:

Chantal said...

I want to make a Double Wedding Ring quilt too some day, but those curves are scaring the lights out of me. Maybe, one day, I'll be better at sewing and will have guts to tackle such a quilt. I love yours already. Just one curve at a time, and you will get there. Enjoy! ;^)