Judy L's UFO Challenge

Tuesday, September 25, 2018

Last Day of Retreat

Yesterday was it. Back to the grind today! I spent the morning sewing more of my Scrappy Mountain Majesties blocks. I have 32 blocks total to make. My neutral is all the same. The rest are an assortment of colors. I have 13 pairs of HST to go which will yield one block per pair. 17 blocks are done so that means I am short somewhere. That explains the extra color squares I have! 18 blocks to go!


I did take a few things that I never touched. I was only disappointed about not getting to one of them. Nothing urgent. It’s pieced borders for my Saturday Sampler that I just completed block 7 of.


Lesson learned from this retreat. I have two projects that I couldn’t complete because I didn’t bring extra fabric. I had cut ahead and for one didn’t cut enough to bring, for another I had not calculated the right width strip and didn’t want to cut them all down in order to make my planned block. That resulted in a bonus quilt! So do cut ahead just bring extra in case of a math error!

We packed up and left. It had rained all weekend and was a little dicey on some of the unfamiliar back country roads. Going was worse than coming home. We took the road less travelled and went through some small towns off the beaten path.

I will share more about our adventures in a later post.

Where is your favorite retreat place?

Swooze

2 comments:

Glen QuiltSwissy said...

So glad you had a great time at the retreat! It looks like you got a lot of things done in spite of not having enough fabric along. I tend to take everything in sight!

I love those mountain majesties! they are fun to do and always turn out well.

glen

cityquilter grace said...

beautiful progress....i used to retreat in lancaster at a posh resort with great views of amish farms and a knockout buffet breakfast...plus plenty of retail spots nearby...it was perfect and idyllic but way beyond my current budget...