Judy L's UFO Challenge

Friday, September 14, 2018

What Came First? The Pattern or the Scrap?

I am trying to figure out how to use my scraps. I am stuck in figuring out the perfect pattern mode.

I pulled out a bunch of red strips with the intent of using them to start log cabin blocks with. While I dug through, lots of thoughts churned through my head.


First of all, digging through the scraps is very inspiring. So do play in them. Digging through your patterns is very inspiring to the point of overwhelming.

My son asked for a purple quilt so I suggested Shakespear in the Park. He accepted. My daughter asked for a Halloween quilt. I plan to make that in all half hexies. While looking through patterns I saw Jamestown Landing and I have eanted to make that quilt for myself since it first came out.

With these patterns in mind I will be making JL from the scrap bin. The SITP will have scrappy neutrals. I will get started on these and see what other ideas I can come up with for the scraps.

Which Comes First?

Swooze

2 comments:

Chantal said...

Sounds like you will be busy this fall. I still have to quilt my Shakespeare in the Park quilt. That's a good question; which comes first. I think the one that comes first is ... the love of fabric, hahaha! Enjoy! ;^)

barbara woods said...

strip quilt