Judy L's UFO Challenge

Sunday, September 30, 2018

Scrappy Mountain Majesties

I have all my blocks made and sewed them into pairs. I am bad about reading to a point and stopping where I should have read just a sentence or two more and I would have saved myself some work. I layed them all out and wish I hadn’t sewn them into pairs.




I like the last layout the best but I lost the variety by pairing them together. If I do go with this layout I will have to take apart 4 of the pairs to achieve the pattern. I think I’ve already decided they need to all come apart to reintroduce the randomness.

I can see making this quilt again all in one color. In fact I could even make a red, white and blue version. So many possibilities!

I’ll be making another plaid quilt very soon but not of this pattern. Stay tuned!

Swooze

1 comment:

Churn Dash said...

I like the last layout best as well. When someone has made a mistake at retreat we all jump in and undo the seams that were incorrect. I wish I could help you with this if you decide to take it apart.

It is a fun block. Some friends turned theirs into flowers when we exchanged florals. A centre square was added and the blocks were partial pieced onto it. I'm amazed at the creativity of quilters. A basic block can be changed with colour choice and make such wonderful different quilts.

I'm looking forward to see what you make next with plaids.

Helen