Judy L's UFO Challenge

Wednesday, October 03, 2018

October OMG

It’s not rocket science. I almost didn’t participate this month. I’ve had the same goal two months in a row and failed to complete it. You see I was trying to use OMG to force myself to get quilts quilted. It’s not motivating me for whatever reason.

So this month I’m switching gears. I was working on a quilt that I’ve been wanting to make fir at least a year niw. When I was planning for retreat I decided it was time to cut it out and get started.

This month I’m going to get my Scrappy Mountain Majesties to top stage, a flimsy.


I’m going with this layout. I have picked all the matched pairs apart. I didn’t trim them before but decided I needed to. I’ve trimmed and sewn 11 pairs back together and have two complete rows. I need 8 rows in all.

I will be choosing one of the plaids used in the blocks to make a narrow inner border. Then there will be a wide neutral border using the same consistent neutral from the blocks.

Linking with Elm Street Quilts for the One Monthly Goal.

Swooze


6 comments:

patty a. said...

This is going to be a gorgeous quilt! Don't feel bad about not getting your OMG accomplished. Stuff happens!

Patty said...

Wonderful quilt! Thanks for linking up with Elm Street Quilts One Monthly Goal and good luck with your project.

Chantal said...

Good for you for changing project. If something doesn't work, let it rest for awhile is my moto. Love what you have made so far. Good luck with your goal. ;^)

Glen QuiltSwissy said...

I understand. I haven't participated in OMG for a few months now because I have been so busy.

I love your blocks here. Great choices. I say do what you want and like, you will like it better and work will be fun!

Rhonda said...

It's good to change up sometimes, keeps things interesting!

Kathryn T said...

All the best with the goal, and great idea to change up, one day you'll most likely feel like getting back to other things. I am a mood quilter so have a number of projects going!