Judy L's UFO Challenge

Saturday, January 09, 2021

Epic Fail! Well...

...more like try again.


Do you see anything wrong with this picture?  Let me give you a hint.  The row I sewed to the top should have been attached to the bottom.  I just realized I was hurrying to get it attached before I went to get lunch.  I did not even give it a second thought.

When I got back I cut the borders then pressed the top.  I lay out the border pieces to cut to fit.  Couldn’t I have taken a moment to look at it?  Why yes but I was talking.  Hmmm....  I’ve been contemplating to fix or not.  Yes I must fix it.  Then how best to fix it.  I could surgically remove the pieces and swap them around.  12 pieces times 4 sides to do that.  Suddenly pulling borders off and reversing the two bottom rows then reattaching borders isn’t looking so bad!  Maybe 5 long seams.  Better!

I came home from church and continued dusting off the longarm and getting ready to oil and thread it.  Both of these activities will happen tomorrow.  Both steps towards accomplishing this months OMG.  I’ll also be back here in the next day or two and let you know what I have in mind for my quilty works.

Would you fix this mistake if it were your quilt?

2 comments:

Chantal said...

Yes, I would. I'm a fixer. Every. Single. Time. It shouldn't take that long and then you'll be happy with yourself. Go for it. ;^)

patty a. said...

It would depend on my mood whether I would fix it or not. I don't think it looks all that bad.