Judy L's UFO Challenge

Monday, January 11, 2021

Too Many Tabs Open

Over the course of two posts Julie perfectly captured where I’m at.




I have too many ideas flitting around in my head.  I want to use my scraps, I want to do the rainbow scrap challenge,  I want to work on this mystery quilt,  I want to work on that sew along, I want to work on UFOs,  I want to work on new projects I have kitted up  People call all these distractions...

 

SQUIRREL!!!





So how do I combat this?  I’ve spent a lot of time thinking, thinking, thinking.  I do want to bring my UFOs to a completed top at least.  I have several unquilted tops that are earmarked for others.  I also have new starts I’d like to make.  So where does this put me?

I need to locate the UFOs that need to be brought to a completed top stage.  Locate might be the wrong word.  Maybe inventory them.  These are things I can work on anywhere I sew.  The majority of that sewing time would be earmarked for when I go to the church to sew with friends.  

The unquilted tops.  I just need to get to it.  Do it.  Get over whatever is holding me back and quilt them!  I  can pull those tops out of the stack and locate or make the associated backing and binding.  More inventorying!

The new starts.  This is easy.  These are my bucket list type quilts.  As I’m wrapping up one top I start thinking about what I want to work on next and go rummage through my cache of nuts 😜to choose what’s next.  I am not above making new kits so this is my opportunity to scrap wrangle for new starts.  

So this post helped me think out loud.  I’ll probably keep operating close to how I have been with some adjustments to get more finishes in.  This is my version of goal setting!

Did you goal set for 2021?  What’s your plan?  I’m FREEspiriting.  Write that down Elle.  That’s my word for the year.  Free!  Free to choose but in other areas of my life free of stuff and commitment.


Happy New Year!  In all my gabbing I have not made that wish for you all.

5 comments:

Quiltdivajulie said...

Thanks for the shout out (the images you used from my blog came from Google images in case anyone asks - they didn't have any credits attached). I know I'm not the only one with squirrel-itis OR too-many-tabs-open-itis. It's good to have company on the journey!

Elle said...

It has been added :-)

Chantal said...

You can do this. Put your big girl panties on and get to it! Haha! Enjoy! ;^)

patty a. said...

I am the same way - Need to make quilts out of the scraps, need to finish UFOs, and the list goes on. I would rather have a list than nothing to do!

cityquilter grace said...

i have days like you describe...LOL