Judy L's UFO Challenge

Friday, January 15, 2021

It’s The Little Things

First of all I decided to fix the quilt top I showed before.  It took an hour to take apart and an hour to put back together.



















One of the other things I’d like to do is work on small projects.  This is a placemat bag I’ve been wanting to make for 2 or 3 years.  If you search on placemat to bag by Lorrie Nunemaker you’ll find the pattern I followed.  There are many tutorials by many people.




I used a 3” tuck for the boxed corners.















I’ll add a zipper pull and use it in my camper more than likely.




Wait!  Don’t go in there!  That’s my sewing room I mean.  I’ve been going in there to arrange, shuffle and consolidate.  There are too many ideas floating around in there.  So I have been grouping like things and putting them away.  I’ve also been thinking about how to make better use of the space.  I’ve decided when I catch myself spinning in circles I’ll walk out and make a decision about what I want to do next and go back in with a little resolve!  Eventually I hope a lot of the “noise” will be gone and I can work in there peacefully.

I was going to go sew at the church tomorrow and then again Monday since I have MLK day off.  Sadly, COVID has reared its ugly head and there are several members that have been exposed.  While testing is being done and results are pending my friend has closed the door to social activities.  Of course I’m sad but I don’t want to take the risk.  I’ve got plenty to do at home so that’s where you’ll find me.

Happy Sewing!


2 comments:

Chantal said...

Your quilt looks great now! Great job! Yes, please, stay home and be safe. It's better than being sorry. ;^)

patty a. said...

The quilt looks great! You made the right decision to take the time to fix it. It's too bad about your group not being able to get together.