Judy L's UFO Challenge

Sunday, January 31, 2021

OMG Complete forJanuary 2021!

I showed my quilt top previously.  It’s to the top stage which was the first part of my goal.

I spent the month continuing to clean, declutter and organize my home but especially my quilting accoutrements.  I’m a stacker and had things in my path of using my longarm.  I have cleared that area out and can freely get to the front and back of my machine now.  It’s all dusted off after a long stint of non use.  I just finished threading it and wanted to get this post done and linked before the linkup closed.  Once I’ve done that I’ll be firing her up and checking the tension.  I may even continue quilting a bit.

Come see what everyone accomplished at Elm Street Quilts!

Here are some things I also made this month.  They are all quilt kits that I bought from The Quilted Cow in West Branson, MO.  They host a Facebook live sale every Wednesday night from 7-10 p.m. CST.  They give away prizes too just for showing up and saying hi! 

 I found them last May and really started watching again in November.  Let me just say it hasn’t been kind to my checking account but I love it because their kits have most everything included.  For example if you buy a pattern that calls for a zipper and other hardware the kit will have it.  They offer their kits in many different color ways as well.  The only thing I’ve had to add myself is fusible fleece.  I believe I have some kits I’ll have to add interfacing as well but that’s easy to find.  They also have a FB group called Wicked Cool Quilters.  Everyone on there has been so friendly and supportive.  My favorite group by far.





You will see more small projects this year as I sew up the things I’ve bought from the cow.

Happy quilting!

2 comments:

Chantal said...

Those are really nice projects. I'll have a look at this new (to me) store. ;^)

patty a. said...

You have to feel good getting that top sewn together and completing some small projects. Keep up the good work!