Judy L's UFO Challenge

Thursday, November 08, 2007

What Was I Thinking? I don't remember now. I sure wish I had written it down. Quiltmakers was going out of business and I had to buy fabric for a love quilt. I bought plenty for everything except a backing. CRUD! Well I don't mind pieced backs so I will more than likely piece this one. The only issue is that I thought I had enough extras to make a tote bag for this love quilt to fit into. Double crud!

This quilt will be Queen size. I am sure that when I was in that store buying, my mind wasn't on making it that big. Interestingly enough I have more than enough for the borders and sashing....just not that backing. I am going to try to slip into the LQS on the way home tonight. I came to a screeching halt last night on this quilt over this issue. I didn't dare cut anymore until I had a clear path forward on that backing. Again it isn't so much the quilt as it is that tote.

Wish me luck! Note to self....make a note to self next time!

2 comments:

*karendianne. said...

Ha! I love this note.

Best of luck. I'm excited to hear how it turns out.

*karendianne.

(note to self: CRUD is a cool word, start using it)

Jen said...

Wait, why don't you just buy a neutral backing for it, or use muslin on it. If it's queen size it's probably always going to be on a bed facing down anyway. Then you can take the extras to make a tote bag for the quilt to fit into.