Judy L's UFO Challenge

Friday, November 30, 2007

Happy Friday Well, Wednesday morning before I went to the hospital I decided to sneak in just a few minutes of sewing. I happily stomped down on the pedal and sewed the last seam of the backing. I had the iron heating up so that I could just hop up, press it and run out the door. I ended my seam, shut off the machine, laid the backing out and with iron in hand and was disgusted to see that I had run out of thread so the last 18 inches or so were not sewn. Argh!! In the middle of all this I was getting call after call asking about dh. Yes, I was feeling a little guilty sewing when I should be at the hospital. I turned off the iron and headed out the door. You know the rest (read earlier posts if you don't).

Thursday I came home from work and loaded my bobbin and sewed and pressed that last seam. I packed it all up and called the quilter. I took everything to her and she thinks it will be ready by mid next week. I am hoping it will be sooner. Now to get the tote bag all sewn up and ready to go.

I had told dh I was not going down to see him last night. So of course some things have to happen to pile the guilt on. First he got a call from his dad that his uncle had passed away. We knew this was coming. Even though they were not that close it is still hard. Then I learned that they were having to give him platelets and whole blood. DH didn't know any details of why they were doing that. I called the nurse and asked her. Even though I am on the list for family she said she could not tell me over the phone. I asked her to go down to his room and I would call him. She went down immediately (bless her) and told dh everything I wanted to know then he relayed the info to me. She was in there and answered a few more questions. This a.m. they told him he can go home Monday so he must be doing ok. His Dad is coming over for the funeral so he will get to see dh, which is great.

I have someone taking care of the kids today after school through getting them fed dinner and settled until I get home. This way I can go straight to the hospital. Of course he has a list of things that he wants from home that he told me about after I got to work. I will buy what I think he needs now. The rest he will get tomorrow.

DH is already trying to coordinate my weekend for me which I am trying to discourage him from. I am trying to sprinkle myself around to the kids, me and him. I told him some things may have to slide for now and to just relax. We will see how that goes!

3 comments:

*karendianne. said...

Yes, let things slide. And I'm so glad to read the nurse went to his room right away to talk through what was happening. :)

julieQ said...

Gosh, I am sorry for all the medical stuff happening right now. It is hard, because at my hospital, we can be fired for giving out any information over the phone. and we want to so badly!! Hope everyting is put to rights soon.

julieQ

Quilter Kathy said...

Be careful you don't sprinkle yourself empty! I sure feel for you.