Judy L's UFO Challenge

Wednesday, October 31, 2018

Canton Quilt Show

I went to a quilt show in Canton recently. We hit the guild garage sale table, the vendors and the quilts in that order.

The sale table had everything from crafts to books to fabric. Sitting on the floor was a tote full of baggies with fabric in various states. I was standing there with four or five bags and gave myself a good talking to. I already have enough! Why am I doing this to myself. I decided on two bags because I thought one was $3 and the other $2. They were $2 each!

In the first bag was one block and the stripsets to make a Double Irish Chain. There is not enough navy solid to finish what was planned so I’ll have to sacrifice and shop for a match. Darn!


I will cut a little and sew a little to see what I have versus what I need. I’ll probably end up with orphans but that’s ok.

In the other bag were over 30 FQs. Well I didn’t open them but that’s what they seem to be. I have no plan for them but they were so pretty!


I bought a little clover iron for a friend and a large piece of yardage to be used as a backing...someday.

The quilts.



These are both embroidered by the same person. Click on the oic for the info.


This was in the kids entries. Smart lady!

This was my favorite and I voted for it for viewers choice.

That’s all folks! Happy Halloween!

Swooze

2 comments:

patty a. said...

What a good deal on those fabric baggies! I can understand why you had to give yourself a stern talking to. For that price it would be hard to say no!

barbara woods said...

love the colors in those first blocks