Judy L's UFO Challenge

Wednesday, October 24, 2018

Progress since Retreat

I haven’t sewn much since I got back from retreat. My sewing room exploded and I’ve also been decluttering my bedroom and closet. Somehow my sewing mojo is quieted by decluttering.

I did work on my borders for Saturday Sampler a little more.

I had this crazy idea to make half my blocks with a black background and half with white. I then decided to carry that idea to the borders. I’m feeling a little uncertain right now. I’ll either love it or hate it. There’s always the seam ripper!

i went to the State Fair of Texas to see the quilts and visit Tom the Horney Toad man. I’ve known Tom for over 20 years. He has invited me to his workshop many years. This is the year! My aunt lives in Phoenix so I’m road tripping to see her and will drop in on Tom as I pass through! I am taking two weeks and will go where the road takes me.

I think I’ll go tackle my sewing room a little to see if I can uncover my mojo!

Swooze

3 comments:

Rhonda said...

You've got more mojo than me. Haven't touched my machine in weeks. Love your border idea!

patty a. said...

I think that border is pretty darn cool! Have a fun trip! What does Tom make in his shop?

cityquilter grace said...

looking good so far swooze!