Judy L's UFO Challenge

Monday, October 29, 2018

Saturday Sampler

I signed up for a BOM called Saturday Sampler. The color fabric is Fleurish by Benartex and the background is Moda Bella solids in white or black. I chose black as did most of the 40 people making this quilt.


We paid for the pattern and I think the first months kit. If we show up at our scheduled time with the block complete we get next minths block kit free. If not we pay $6.50. Not a bad deal!


I have attended every month religiously and watched as everyone showed their block. Some made slight changes but for the most part they all looked the same.


I was at a sit and sew at the store offering the class. Hanging on the wall were completed sample blocks in both the white and black colorway. I had an idea! After the sixth block I switched from black to white.


I have now made two blocks with the white background. I also received the finishing kit which had all the border fabrics. It had black and I added white as well. I cut out all the border pieces and assembled two sides.


I started having doubts about my decision when I put the borders together. I made the second white block yesterday and decided to audition everything together.


I am going to stay with the plan until all the blocks are made. I think that’s the only way I’ll really know if it’s all going to work. Can you see my helper jumped into the picture?


I’m committed to using the seam ripper and redoing some things if need be.

Can you see my vision? It won’t look like anyone elses!

Swooze

1 comment:

Glen QuiltSwissy said...

Oooooh! Well played, Grasshopper!