Judy L's UFO Challenge

Sunday, March 07, 2021

It’s a Top

I managed to get away to the church today and sew the final three seams to form a completed quilt top.  I showed it to my daughter, the intended recipient, and her first comment was about the white background.  I told her I had reordered the fabrics to make myself a quilt and could easily remake this pattern with a different background or make a different pattern that used less background.  When she comes over I’ll show her options.


I also spent some time thinking about my scrap kit.  I’m using the term scrap loosely here.  I received a box of fabric from a lady’s estate full of squares.  I have the desire to make a tumbler quilt but felt there would be too much waste using these fabrics.  I chose these scraps because they were easily accessible and why not!  I’m going to come up with a four patch configuration of some sort.  There enough pieces in this box without adding anything to make at least three baby quilts.  Scary when I think about how many quilts are in my stash and sewing room.  Yikes!  I’ll start choosing squares and cutting so I can start sewing.

The other panel.  Here is a stock photo of the panel and coordinating print I bought.  I was trying to think of a clever order but I think I’ll keep it simple and use an orange that goes with if I can find it or just plain black.  The conversation print will be the backing.  Stay tuned!




Hope you had a productive weekend!


1 comment:

patty a. said...

You put together that top fast! It is so good looking!