Judy L's UFO Challenge

Saturday, March 13, 2021

Sewn Up

I thought it was silly for me to make those kits and not try to sew them up.  Yesterday I did just that.  Got three together.




The last two kits have that blue checked fabric in them.  Most of the blocks that were in the box that started all this were cut to 8” but not those for some reason.  I’ll take the time today to cut those to size and possibly piece some to get the too small to size.  There may even be an alternate plan.

I still have a big stack of those yellow squares that have dots of color on them shown in the first picture.  I’ve already been auditioning additional stash to use them up.  I’ll count the squares today to see how much potential remains.  I have plans for two more after the current kits, possibly a third.  At that point I’ll release the remaining squares into the wild.



I’m not sure I’m in love with that green I’ll spread things out more to decide.  Love that pink though!  The box that held these is 11” x 11” x 5”.  5 little quilts with plenty of fodder for more.  How many quilts are in your stash?



Sew faster!

4 comments:

Elle said...

How many quilts are in my stash? Well, I averaged 6.5y per quilt last year with 52 finishes. I estimate my stash at 3000 yards. That is 460 quilts. It doesn't bother me as I'm just 59yo. And of course I know every day is a gift and I might not turn 100 yo but I'm sure going to enjoy my stash until my end date :-)

Chantal said...

You've hit the ground running, turning quilts this quickly! Love the third quilt. enjoy! ;^)

patty a. said...

I love a checkerboard quilt! How many quilts in my stash? That is a million dollar question! I was trying to figure out how many I could make just from my scraps. I may have the answer in a year or two but I keep making more scraps!

Bonnie said...

You have honored this quilter by using some of her squares. And you have some bright happy tops to finish off. Good causes abound and you’ve got a good start for give away quilts.