Judy L's UFO Challenge

Sunday, March 21, 2021

Up Next

I’m thinking about changing direction on my panel quilt.  I’m not sure I want to miter the corners.  There’s a panel in the line called Land That I Love by Henry Glass that are different motifs that I could use for cornerstones.  I had thought to make star blocks or something for the corners so this could work.

While I ponder.  I pulled out a box that I thought was smaller and was full of peach 30s repros.  Boy was I in for a shock!



The 30s have already been removed and took up about a quarter of the box.  How did I misremember?  It’s ok.  I’ll file the remainder with their mates and collect all my 30s fabrics in this box.  Below is what I have.  I will be adding a white to the group.


Do you have any 30s that run to the orange side that you’d be willing to part with?  I just want to add a couple more.  Here is the pattern I plan to make.


This is called Peaches and Dreams by Judy Laquidara at Patchworktimes.  Her free pattern is no longer online.  I did find her blogpost that gives needed strip sizes and basic construction information.  I don’t plan to add that border but never say never.  The fabrics are all ironed and I’ll start cutting this week.

Please let me know if you have any orange 30s FQs you’re willing to part with.

What Quiltygirl things do you have going?





4 comments:

patty a. said...

I don't have any orange 30s prints. That is going to be a beautiful quilt!

Rhonda said...

I think I have some but will have dig them out. Give me a few days to fine them. I’ll take photos to show you.

Chantal said...

Wow! What a great quilt! I wish I had some 30s fabric to send you just so I can participate in this wonderful quilt. I'm a sucker for orange quilts. Enjoy! ;^)

Bonnie said...

I made a top with my 30s fans just recently but no oranges. Yes, that is going to be a very cool quilt. Hope you make great progress on it.