Judy L's UFO Challenge

Tuesday, March 09, 2021

Kitted Up

I have a little blue cardboard box I got from an estate of a quilter who had passed.  Inside is a huge stack of approximately 8” squares.  Sunday I took the fabric out and culled things I knew I would never use.  The stack is still huge. 

I now had the recent memory o what’s in the box.  I tossed ideas around in my head.  Looked over blogs and saved pictures.  Today I took pen to paper and did some figuring.  I really wondered if I wanted to put a lot of effort into these particular fabrics.  I quickly concluded that I did not.  A simple layout of patches that will sew up quickly.

Remember my goal was to kit up one project.  I walked away with five!  I still have a considerable sized stack of squares not chosen for this set.I might be tired of them after I get these sewn up.  Then again I might not.  For some reason I only photographed three of the five but you’ll get the general idea.




These will be just under 40” square.  No particular destination in mind but there are always calls for quilts for a cause.  Stay tuned.  My purpose was to get the creative juices flowing.  I’ll have more scrap kitting events in the future.  Hopefully with increased complexity!

Are you picking away at your goals?  How’s it going?



4 comments:

patty a. said...

Those are going to be cute quilts. As you know I am picking away at my UFO/to do list. Since the weather is warming up I probably will be spending time outside in the yard so completing project will slow down a bit, but I am happy with the progress I have made this year so far. You seem to be making some great progess on projects too!

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

I like it!! Its bright and happy and!! you used some stash!!

cityquilter grace said...

pretty blocks and nice haul i'd say

Bonnie said...

It’s fun to play around with other people’s stash. These layouts will make great give away quilts. I prefer to use my stash but every once in a while I jump into the boxes of other people’s stash I have. It might be time to re-evaluate them and start cleaning them out of the studio. Or not. 😉