Judy L's UFO Challenge

Saturday, March 20, 2021

That Box!


After completing the five little quilts and then setting aside stash to enhance the remaining squares I could not walk away.  I tried.  I have to finish my One Monthly Goal.  

I finished up all the cutting that needed to be done.  I sorted out the squares from the box that I would need for these five quilts.  I started sewing and finished with 35 rows.  That was Tuesday.  On Thursday I sat down and sewed until I had five little tops done.  All about 38” x 53”.





Once these were done I picked a few pieces I wanted to keep from the box, gave the rest away and tossed the now empty box in the trash.   I pressed the panel for my OMG and called it a day.




Today I worked on a tablet cover.  I botched that and my friend picked it apart for me.  I decided I needed my tablet in hand before proceeding.  I then worked on a small potholder called a hotfingers.  I had enlarged it to maximize the use of the 10” fabric square I used.  It may be too large.  I’m going to give it a test run and will decide what future ones will look like.

Finally I hit the bullet and worked on the panel.  I trimmed the panel itself.  Then I went about the arduous task of subcutting the border print into 4 equal pieces.  I could feel my hair graying quickly while doing this.  Once they were cut I lay them out to get an idea of the finished product and called it a day as my nerves were a little frazzled.



I only need to attach them then miter the borders.  Next time!

What quilty things do you have going on?


2 comments:

Chantal said...

Awesome job with THAT box! I get frazzled by quilts too. It'll be better tomorrow. ;^)

Bonnie said...

Yea for the finished tops. Double yea for finishing off the box. You are making a lot of forward progress.