Judy L's UFO Challenge

Saturday, March 06, 2021

Marching Band Marching Along

I made great progress today.  I had hoped for a completed top but I didn’t quite make it.  Four quadrants though.  Marching Band by Atkinson Designs.  Fast and easy.



After I posted my OMG yesterday I went digging in the stash cave.  I found the panel I had my eye on immediately and pulled it out for a pic.  It will go together very quickly.   I love Americana.  A mitered border print and it’s all done.



While I was digging around I came across another panel I’d like to get done.  I had bought a conversation print but that will end up on the back.  If I can find a good orange that goes with that will be my border.  Otherwise it will be solid black.  I failed to get a picture but it’s a John Wayne panel.

While I was looking for the panel I was also looking for scraps to inspire my scrap project kitting.  I 
went to the stash room at least three times and just turned and walked out.  Too many choices!  Instead of digging I’m going to grab the closest thing and make it work.  That’s on my agenda for tomorrow.

It was a great day sewing with friends.  Progress on my goals.  Can’t get much better than that.

3 comments:

cityquilter grace said...

nice top and love the fabrics in it too...

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

Ohhh I like that MArching band!!!

Chookyblue...... said...

I really like this quilt.........fabrics and design........