Judy L's UFO Challenge

Tuesday, March 30, 2021

Thread Count

That’s the pattern name not a reference to fabric thread count.  I had bought the pattern two months ago.  When I showed it to my friend she grabbed the pattern and ran.  She cranked out her quilt top in less than two weeks!  Here is her quilt.



I started cutting my fabric Saturday.  Sunday I subcut the strips and started sewing.  I was short on my background fabric and did not have it with me so finished cutting what I needed and finished sewing the strips today.  Then the fun of the layout!


This is the one I’m going with.   I hope to have a complete top by Saturday.  I added two more rows than the pattern called for.  I used less than a yard of background fabric.  Each row can be cut from a FQ or long 1/8th.  I have plans for several more!

What’s under your needle?

1 comment:

patty a. said...

Cute quilt! I can see a lot of fun possibilities with this design. I posted today that I am starting to quilt the black and white star quilt and have a counted cross stitch piece well underway.